Can I change community Colleges?

I previously submitted an application for the Fall term at Pierce community college however I recently moved and Los Angeles Valley College is now closer to where I live. I wanted to go to this college instead now because of distance-wise, but I can't delete or Submit a new application, is there any way to change community colleges?


  • Hello @Luna

    The great thing about Los Angeles Community College District is that they allow you to submit one application per semester for the entire district, so there is no need to submit another application to Pierce College. One application submitted per term, for the college district, is sufficient to register and apply to other colleges within the Los Angeles College District including: Los Angeles Valley College

    • Los Angeles City College
    • Los Angeles Harbor College
    • Los Angeles Mission College
    • Los Angeles Pierce College
    • Los Angeles Southwest College
    • Los Angeles Trade-Tech College
    • Los Angeles Valley College
    • West Los Angeles College

    If you would like to now attend a new college within that district, you will need to first, wait until you have received your student id number from your old college (college you applied to), then second, contact your new (preferred) college's Admissions & Records department and inform them about you transferring from the other school so that they can download and process your application on file into their system. 

    For more information regarding the enrollment process and or how to successfully transfer into your new college, please feel free to contact your new college's Admissions & Records office for additional details and explanations. Their generous staff is always at your service. 

    If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.