Invalid phone number

Having the same error as many other users when attempting to make a new CCC account. Both the phone number box to get a verification code and the phone number box on the main application are returning 'invalid phone number' regardless of what format I put my number in.

Comments

• nguyenquanghai
    edited February 28

I have the same issue

• @nguyenquanghai and @ff612

Please try to create your account with your email, then once your account has been created you can add your phone number to your account. This should allow you create your account then add your contact number to your profile.

• My account will not allow me to use my phone number. It says this phone number already exists and to input another phone number. I do not have another phone number?

• it will not allow me to create an account without using a phone number

• Hi Angelica,

I tried to use my email to create an account but the phone number is required but it just kept telling me it's invalid number no matter how I entered it (see attached)

• Hello @nguyenquanghai

I was not able to find a ticket to best assist you with your questions please provide the following to our support so they can assist you directly with your questions.

Please do email us this information as this is a public forum and we will delete any person's Personal Identifiable Information (PII) for security purposes.

• Screenshot of Error:
    • Full Name:
    • Old Email Contact:
    • Mobile Phone Number:
    • College Applying To:
    • DOB:
    • CCCID (if they have one):

We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you

• Hello @nkwarner

In order for us to be able to better assist you, please provide the following information to ([email protected]) so that we can try and resolve your issues as soon as possible. Please do email us this information as this is a public forum and we will delete any person's Personal Identifiable Information (PII) for security purposes.

• Screenshot of Error:
    • Full Name:
    • Old Email Contact:
    • Mobile Phone Number:
    • College Applying To:
    • DOB:
    • CCCID (if they have one):

• Hi Angelica,

I called on Monday and the lady took my name, phone number and email address. She tried to help me but she couldn't so she said somebody will call me back but I haven't heard any thing. Thanks.,

• Hello @nguyenquanghai

I was able to find a ticket for you in the Help Desk, an agent will in contact with your questions as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

• mayahew
    edited March 3

I'm having the same problem - no matter what format I put the phone number, it says invalid. I created the account using my email address, but when I get to the contact information, I can't get any further. What format should the phone number be? I've tried every known possibility.

I tried Google and Edge to no avail. Switching over to Safari worked no problem.

• Thank you Angelica.

• nguyenquanghai
    edited March 4

Hi Angelica,

I received your email and I tried again but I still received the error. It won't let me enter the phone number! Thanks.

• Hi @nguyenquanghai,

Try creating your account without entering your phone number, if this still does not allow you to create your account another workaround is when creating your account to add an extra letter to your first name i.e. if you enter your name as "Bob" try entering it in as "Bobb". Please let me know if this works for you.

• Hi FAQ,

Phone number is a required field! I can't even get to the point where I can enter my name! I didn't get that far. The system just kept saying invalid phone number no matter what format I tried!

• Hello @Angelica / @FAQ

I think somebody fixed the problem. I tried it again and this time, the system let me entered the phone number and I was able to continue. Thank you very much for your help.

• Hi @nguyenquanghai

We are glad to hear you were able to create your account. Have a great day.

• I'm continuing to experience this issue in both the verification page and the main account creation page.

• @ff612

I have sent you a direct message requesting additional information.

Thank you,

• Hi, I'm trying to create an account and I'm having this issue. Has a workaround been found?

• Hi, I'm having an issue. I'm trying to create an account and it keeps saying "Invalid Phone number."

I get to the last page and it says:

Please fix the following issues to complete this step:

- Invalid Phone number.

• Tee
    Tee
    edited March 14

Hi @danmichaels @derpy0217

Since you are not able to create your account, please try one of the two steps below and let me know if you can create your account. If Step 2 works for you, you can always add your phone number and change your password afterward.

1) Try creating your account without a phone number

2) Try creating your account without a phone number and also College$123 as your password

• It's not accepting my phone number and and it keeps saying "Invalid Phone number."

Please help.

• I am also getting invalid phone number error. I used my email to register but still it doesn't let me move past step 1

• @bansari @ishani

Please be sure to use Chrome as your browser. It is the most compatible with OpenCCC. Please let us know if this resolves your date of birth error.

Thank you,

• Using Chrome hasn't made any difference with my problem.

• Hi @ff612

Can you clarify what your issue/problem is so that I can correctly assist you?

• HI! I'm having problem in applying, it says when I put my number it's invalid!@Tee

• Hello @miggy09

Please email out helpdesk for assistance, please make sure to provide the following information your request to our Helpdesk [email protected] and provide the following so that an agent can assist you with your questions one on one. Please DO NOT respond to this post, or we will have to take down your post to protect your privacy.

Full Name:

Old Email Contact if known:

Current Email:

Mobile Phone Number:

College Applying To:

DOB:

• @lhwohl

I have emailed you from [email protected] I have also deleted your post here since it contains your personal information and this is a public forum. Please check your inbox for more information.

Casey

• I'm currently having this problem.