Why does the application process have to be so complicated?

it's no wonder why people drop out, don't enroll and why enrollment numbers are down! I'm so disappointed that something like this would make anyone walk away and get discouraged and not want to attend college at all. It shouldn't have to be this way. I'm mad.

I'm having problems fixing my name and dob on my application. The system will not allow me to modify. ccc customer service states they can't change or modify. In order for that to happen I need to contact my local community college. The community college then tells me that is not accurate! Been going back and fourth for 5 days straight! I also cannot create a new account. What a mess over some typos. So now I can't enroll all because no one can change a two typos- - wtf. seriously upsetting.

Comments

• the system is made to fail us. A supervisor won't even connect with me. I'm in HS and I feel very discouraged. No one wants to help me.

• Hello @yorkievet

If you still haven't submitted your application to college you can update your name and dob on the application. However, if you have made a mistake and submitted the application you will need to reach out to Admissions and Records at your campus for and they can assist with updating your name and birthday in their Student Information System once you have provided documentation of the correct information. I have provided the information on how to update this information if you still haven't applied to college below:

Please follow the steps below to update your OpenCCC account information.

1.) Go to cccapply.org and select your college from the drop-down.

2.) Follow the steps to apply and sign in. Select the profile picture in the top right corner and click OpenCCC Account.

3.) From this page you can update the following:

• Personal Information (Name, DOB, SSN)

• Contact Information (Email, Phone, Address)

• Security and Credentials (Username, Password, PIN, Security Questions)

4.) To edit Personal or Contact Information select the blue 'Edit' link(s) on the far right-hand side of the section.

5.) To Edit Security and Credentials select the 'Change' link to the right of the section you would like to edit.

• To Change Security Questions: Need to know the PIN

• To Change Pin: Need to answer 1 Security Question.

• To Change Password: Need to answer 1 security question.

6.) Select the blue 'Save' button on the bottom left-hand side.

7.) Once updates are saved, close the browser window and refresh your My Applications page.