Getting an error regarding a proxy connection.

Hi I'm trying to apply to a college, Folsom Lake College, but whenever I go to access the website I'm met with this error.

ERROR

A proxy connection has been detected. To connect to California Community Colleges you must disable anonymizing services. This may include:

• Tor web browser
  • VPN connections
  • Anonymizing browser plugins

I'm unsure as to why this is happening as I dont have anything listed on the message. This error also appears on every device I own, I've even tried to reset my router but to no avail. What do I do?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Edward,

I have created a ticket for you in our ticketing tool from [email protected] and have sent you an email regarding the error you are receiving.

Thank you,

Casey

• Im trying to apply for college and im having this same message pop up

• Hello Jose,

I have created a ticket for you and emailed you with steps from our ticketing tool. Please check your email for something from [email protected]

Thank you,

Casey

• Hi, I'm trying co apply on https://www.opencccapply.net/gateway/apply?cccMisCode=312 but always receive an error:

A proxy connection has been detected. To connect to California Community Colleges you must disable anonymizing services. This may include:

• Tor web browser
    • VPN connections

Could you please help me on this?

• Hello Hoidaica05,

I would recommend contacting the California Community College Helpdesk for assistance with troubleshooting the error you encountered. Please call us at your earliest convenience, California Community Colleges Help Desk 1-877-247-4836 or by email at [email protected]

• hello, I'm an international student. when I try to fill out an online application to the college, I received an error:

ERROR

• Tor web browser
    • VPN connections

I have tried many ways according to the instructions above but it still does not work. please help me. I would like to apply for the Spring 2022 semester. thank you!

• Hi,

I am a new student and I am trying to fill out an application form, but I am keep getting this error.

ERROR

• Tor web browser
    • VPN connections

I have followed the instructions above but it still does not work. I would like to apply for Spring 2022 semester, please help me. Thank you for your time!

• Hello @Fcoley44

For assistance with this error message please call California Community Colleges Help Desk 1-877-247-4836 [email protected] available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Please provide the following information if reaching out by email:

-Screenshot of the message you are receiving

-Full Name:

-Email Contact:

-Phone Number:

-College Applying To:

-DOB:

• Hi,

I am a new student trying to apply to Saddleback College, but every time I attempt to apply I am met with this error message:

ERROR

• Tor web browser
    • VPN connections

Is there any way someone can help me with this?

• Hi AntSalad,

Please call our 24/7 helpdesk at 1-877-247-4836 so that we can open up a support ticket for you in order to troubleshoot and assist you with this error message.

• Hi,

I am an international student and I am trying to fill out an application form, but I keep getting this error.

Is there anything you can help me with ? ,Thank you for your time!

• Hello @marcuscladius

Please reach out to our live agents California Community Colleges Help Desk 1-877-247-4836 available 24 hours a day 7 days a week or by email for further assistance with this issue.

[email protected]

• Hi Angelica, Tee, and Casey,

I too am having the same proxy issue and am unable to register. I know how to reach the California Community Colleges Help Desk at 1-877-247-4836 available 24 hours a day 7 days a week or by email for further assistance with this issue, but I chose to find an answer by googling instead. I was happy to find this page, where many others seem to experience the very same problem.

Yet, you keep creating tickets, privately emailing people and directing them somewhere else. Wouldn't it be more useful to post a resolution publicly so anyone having the same issue can immediately find this page by googling, and have his/her issue resolved right then and there?

It's 2022 people! The humanity has already figured out how to build a functional, user-friendly web site. Your web master needs to be fired.

• Hello,

We ask students to call our Helpdesk because we require additional information from the end user that we are unable to post on a public forum. If you are receiving this error, please call our Helpdesk so we can move forward with steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Casey

• Im trying to apply for college and im having this same message please can you help me

• @correct_boat

I have emailed you from [email protected] Please check your inbox for an email asking for additional information.

Thank you,

• Hi, I'm trying co apply on https://www.opencccapply.net/gateway/apply?cccMisCode=312 but always receive an error:

• Tor web browser
    • VPN connections

Could you please help me on this?

• Hi @s450586793,

Please contact the California Community Colleges Helpdesk at 1-877-247-4836 so that a ticket can be created to assist you with this error message.

• Hi, I am trying to in https://www.opencccapply.net/gateway/apply? CccMisCode = 312 jointly apply for, but always receive an error message:

A proxy connection has been detected. To connect to the California community college, you must disable anonymous service. This may include:

• Hi @chenkang1033

Please contact the California Community Colleges Helpdesk at 1-877-247-4836 or by email [email protected] so that a ticket can be created to assist you with this error message.