Tried to apply, listed wrong address, can't correct and freaking out

Hi everyone, I'm in a weird predicament and need help.

I applied to an online class at Fresno City College, since my dad lives in Fresno and we thought it would be fun to take a remote course together. When filling out the application, I thought I'd need a California address, so I used my dad's home address (I'm a legal resident of Colorado).

Only after sending the address did I realize what I did could be taken as super illegal. I panicked and tried to withdraw the application, but somebody on the live chat told me there's no way to do that. It seems like the only thing I can do to add my real address is fill out a residency confirmation form, but those are all about proving you live IN California, and I'm trying to tell them I DON'T.

I'm freaking out, have sent a bunch of emails and voicemails, but nobody is in the office because of covid. All I want to do is withdraw this stupid application, I'm regretting I ever did it to begin with. What should I do?

Comments

• Hello,

Since the enrollment application has already been submitted, we aren't able to delete it or update it. However, if the college is asking for documentation to prove residency, perhaps the steps are the same to change residency from California to Colorado. If you choose to not attend, keep in mind, no action will be required of you unless you would like to let Fresno City College know you will not be attending so they can withdraw your application. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Casey