Returning Student: LVN needing pre-req to bridge to RN program. PLEASE HELP

Alex_A
edited July 2020 in Plan Your Degree
I am a returning student. I recieved my AS as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in 2014. Now I am returning and pursuing an LVN-RN bridge program. I have registered already. How long will it be processed for before I can register for classes at the college of my choice? Also If classes are full for fall 2020 and spring 2021 can I apply to multiple other community colleges that offer pre-requisite courses need to bridge an LVN/RN program. It's been frustrating not being able to get back into my local college. I just need a microbiology course to be able to bridge. Please help. I  have been on this saga to get my RN for almost 10 years. It's been a long trying journey from having a university program shutdown and then having so many colleges being already full/ waitlisted before having the chance to try.  I am thankful to have my lvn but getting back into school again is frustrating. I just wonder if I am ever enough to keep advancing. If anyone can give guidance, any nursing mentors, counselors out there would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Angelica
    edited July 2020
    Hello Alex,

Once you have applied to your college we recommend giving the college at least 2 business days to process your application before contacting them about your next steps to registration. If you would like to apply to multiple colleges in order to complete prerequisite courses you are welcomed to do so, however, applying to the college and declaring the nursing major does not automatically mean you have been accepted into the nursing program at that particular college your application will gain you acceptance into the college itself. We recommend researching what community colleges have the nursing program that you are wanting to go into and finding out the application requirements to get accepted into the program at those colleges. In many cases, there will be prerequisite courses to complete before you can apply to the nursing program and be accepted.

As always we recommend connecting with your counseling department at your college to be given advice based on your personal background and educational objectives. Also, a helpful resource would be to reach out to the department which the nursing program is a part of at your college for more specific information about the requirements for their program and other general information.