Cant apply to ELAC because "You may apply to only one college. Already submitted an application to a

edited July 17 in Apply To College

I want to apply to ELAC for the summer/fall 2020 semester. It told me that I can’t apply because, ”You may apply to only one college in the LOS ANGELES COMMUNITY COLLEGE district for the term you selected. You already submitted an application to another college in this district. Click on My Applications to view your submitted application or select a different term for this application.” 

However, I applied to 3 schools for summer 2019/2020 and only one for summer/fall 2020.
West LA College- Summer ’19, Summer ’20
SMC - Summer ’20
PCC - Summer/Fall ’20
Santa Ana College - Summer ’20
Cerritos College - Summer ’20

Is there any way around this? I found that ELAC has the class that I need in order to apply to graduate school, but I can’t enroll.

Answers

• edited July 12
    hi  please  what  about if i don't  like the  school for the  american river   college   even  though i have  my student id and  everything
  • edited July 17
    The great thing about Los Angeles Community College District is that they allow you to submit one application per semester for the entire district, so there is no need to submit another application to East Los Angeles College. One application submitted per term, for the college district, is sufficient to register and apply to other colleges within the Los Angeles College District including:
    • East Los Angeles College

• Los Angeles City College

• Los Angeles Harbor College

• Los Angeles Mission College

• Los Angeles Pierce College

• Los Angeles Southwest College

• Los Angeles Trade-Tech College

• Los Angeles Valley College

• West Los Angeles College
    If you would like to now attend a new college within that district, you will need to first, wait until you have received your student id number from your old college (college you applied to), then second, contact your new (preferred) college's Admissions & Records department and inform them about you transferring from the other school so that they can download and process your application on file into their system. 

For more information regarding the enrollment process and or how to successfully transfer into your new college, please feel free to contact your new college's Admissions & Records office for additional details and explanations. Their generous staff is always at your service. 

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.
  • edited July 14
    Hi, I have the same issue. Do you have an email I can contact you through in case I need further assistance? Thank you.
  • edited July 14
    Hello Marcela,

You can always respond to this thread and I will be able to assist you with your questions. Let me know how I can help!
  • edited July 14
    Thank you so much!! I appreciate your help
  • edited July 16
    Your welcome!
  • edited July 16
    'm a student at UC Berkeley hoping to take some CC classes. I began applying to Berkeley City College but now I want to apply to OCC for the Fall. When I try to apply through CCC, only my BCC application shows up and when I try to start a new application it won't let me apply to anything other than BCC. I don't know how to solve this.
  • edited July 17
    Good morning, I have a question regarding transfer equivalencies, do you think you can help??
  • edited July 17
    Hello Marcela,

Unfortunately Marcela I am not a counselor and as a result, we highly recommend making an appointment with a counselor at your College for their expertise in eligible transferable classes. However, if you are unable to get an appointment with a counselor at your college you can also find very useful information at  ASSIST.org.  ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California. 
  • edited July 17
    Hello Marcela, 

Unfortunately, I am not a counselor and will not be able to advise you on which classes to take, however, I can suggest some resources that will be useful with finding that information. We highly recommend making an appointment with a counselor at your College for their expertise in eligible transferable classes. In case you are unable to get an appointment with a counselor at your college you can also find very useful information at  ASSIST.org.  ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California.