Concurrent Enrollment & Going to Two Community Colleges

Hi! I'm a concurrent enrollment student (high school) at Pasadena City College (PCC). I want to apply to Rio Hondo College to take more credits than I am able to at PCC because the maximum units for a concurrent enrollment student are able to take is 6. I'm wondering if it's possible for a concurrent enrollment student to be enrolled at two community colleges at once.

I'm also wondering if the units for any class are able to transfer for the equivalent class from Rio Hondo to PCC. For example, if I took Introduction to American Government at Rio Hondo would it transfer over as Introduction to American Government (POLS 001) at PCC?

I saw this post answering my question but it would still be helpful if you could answer my second question, thanks!

Answers

• Tee
    Tee
    edited May 2020
    Hi Charlotte, 

Concurrent enrollment students can be enrolled at two community colleges as long as they have completed all the required forms along with the application for admissions. As far as transferring classes from Rio Hondo to PCC, you'll need to double check and confirm this with an academic counselor at Rio Hondo as they would know for sure. 
  • Charlotte_Catipon
    edited May 2020
    Thanks! Stay safe and be healthy.