Taking Summer Courses at RCC as a 4-year Student

I'm a freshman student at UCSB who is planning on taking a few courses at RCC to knock out some pre major courses and GE's. I have already submitted my application to RCC and received the welcome email. My question is, what else do I need to do after this? I'm a bit unclear on what other forms I would need to submit, if there is at all. Do I need to send my transcript from UCSB? I plan on taking macroeconomics at RCC, and am currently taking microeconomics at UCSB, so I want to know if I need to send my transcript as proof of taking that class at UCSB in order to take macroeconomics.

Thanks.

Answers

• TeeTee
    edited April 2020
    Hi Reynaldo, 

RCC does not require that you must have completed and pass microeconomics just to take macroeconomics so you don't have to submit your transcripts if you don't want to. However, my recommendation is to go ahead and submit one so that RCC can evaluate your transcripts and give you credits for the classes that you have taken at your university as well as to exempt you from taking the assessment test if you have already completed courses in Math, Reading, English. In addition, sending in transcripts is usually what most university students will do after they submitted an application to take summer or winter classes at a community college. Thank You and please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with. 
  • I have a disability reading and writing I like to take Landscaping classes and learn about plants and things that is my goal to go back to school I belong sout centra Los Angeles regionals to LA I will have at Ade

• Hello,

Below are the steps on how to create an OpenCCC account and apply to the college. Each of our colleges offers assistance through their Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) where staff is available to assist with any questions you may have after enrolling.

1.) Please begin at CCCApply.org 

2.) From the drop down menu on the right hand side select the college you are applying to, and click 'Apply' link, and you will be directed the college’s Admissions page. 

3.) Select the online application link(s) on the Admissions page, you will then be directed to OpenCCC. 

4.) Select 'Create an Account.' Account creation is a one-time process, please save account information for future application submissions with OpenCCC.

5.) After creating an OpenCCC account please click on the 'Continue' tab, you will then be directed to the 'My Applications' page. 

6.) Select 'Start a New Application' link to begin online application.

Once you have submitted an application to a college it can take 1-2 business days for you to receive your student ID and enrollment information. If more than 2 business days have passed and you have not been contacted by your college, please call our Helpdesk to confirm your application was submitted successfully.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,