For College-specific Issues
Please reach out to your college for questions regarding your Student ID, Student Portal login, Financial Aid, Student Email, Transcripts, Course Registration and Counseling Appointments. Click the link to find to your college's Admissions Office Helpdesk.

For Account Recovery & CCCApply Issues
Phone: (877) 247-4836 or Email: [email protected] 
TTY Phone Number (for the Hearing Impaired Only): (877) 836-9332

How do I put in an application for the promise grant?

edited April 2020 in Financial Aid
I have already received my fafsa and it says I am not eligible for the cal grant. But it says nothing about the california promise grant. College of San Mateo's student website says that I cannot apply for the promise grant on their site because I already submitted my fafsa. How do I apply for the promise grant and where, if not on fafsa or my schools website? 


  • Angelica
    edited April 2020
    Hello Nolan, 

    Another way that eligibility for the California Colleges Promise Grant (CCPG) formerly known as Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGFW) can be determined if you submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA ) application. The information from the FAFSA application can also be used to verify if you are eligible for the CCPG grant. Your campus will determine your eligibility based on the information you have provided on the FAFSA application to also determine if you are eligible for the CCPG grant. They will inform you if you are eligible for the grant once your FAFSA has been processed. For verification, if you are eligible for this funding, we recommend that you contact your Financial Aid Office at your college directly.

    *NOTE: If you submit a FAFSA, you do not need to submit CCPG