Courses over summer following high school graduation and before starting 4 year uni (as freshman)!!!

edited April 2019 in Prepare To Transfer
Hi, I am currently a high school senior, and would like to take community college courses over this coming summer. However, my plan is NOT to get an AA degree; I am actually going to a 4 year university. Thus, what status should I put on my application (as in do I still qualify as high school student after graduation, or should I consider myself a transfer/adult learner)? Thanks!


  • Casey
    edited April 2019
    Hello Surabhi,

    When it comes to selecting your Educational Goal, you can choose any option that best fits you.  Some of the community college enrollment applications have the option to select 'Undecided on Goal' as well as 'Educational Development' which would be appropriate for what you are looking to achieve from the community college.  When it comes to your Education tab under 'College Enrollment Status', you will want to check what your status is based on the 'As of' date provided.  If you will be graduated from high school when summer classes begin, you will select 'First-time student in college (after leaving high school)'.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

    Thank you,

Sign In or Register to comment.