I Did Not Use The Financial Aid, What Will Happen Now?

So I graduated HS a semester early so that I could take some courses this spring, but unfortunately there were transcript issues with my high school that werent resolved until the last day I could choose classes.  I wasn't able to get into any late classes, so the money just went unused. Now I want to take classes this summer but I'm afraid I'm gonna get in trouble for not using my promise grant.

Answers

• Tee
    Tee
    edited April 2019
    Hi Wesley, 

The CA College Promise Grant is not set up to where if you didn't use it then you'll get into trouble. How this state grant works is that once after you applied and was approved, it'll automatically paid for your enrollment fees. For example, if you signed up for 4 classes at 3 units each class for a total of 12 units, the grant will pay for all these classes. 

Moving forward, because you will never get into trouble for not using the grant that you qualified for, please go ahead and sign up for summer classes. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know so that I can help you. Thank You.