StudentOpen my cc account

edited March 2019 in Financial Aid
Can I pursue a high school education with federal student aid grant


  • Angelica
    edited March 2019
    Hello Gwen, 

    Unfortunately, the answer is no. In order for students to receive any financial aid Federal (Pell)  or  State  California College Promise Grant (CCPC)  formerly known as Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGFW) you must be a high school graduate or have the equivalent of a high school diploma, like a California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) or a General Education Diploma (GED).  Students can still attend college without a high school diploma or passing the CHSPE or GED, but the cost related to attending college would have to be paid out of pocket for all the expenses such as: tuition, books, student fees etc.