How I file for fafsa

Gurjindar_Singh
edited January 2019 in Financial Aid

Answers

• Tee
    Tee
    edited January 2019
    Hi Gurjindar,

To apply or file for financial aid, you will need to submit an FAFSA application thru the website https://fafsa.gov/. Be sure to include and provide your colleges school code so that your FAFSA information from the Department of Education is sent directly to your colleges Financial Aid Office to be processed and file. In addition, also make sure your social security number is correct when completing the application and that it matches the social security number in which you have provided on your admissions application. This way, the financial aid office can have all your correct information on file and make it easier for them to process your application. Some colleges may offer the paper application as well, so I would highly recommend that if you are interested in submitting one, you first check with your colleges Financial Aid office.

You may apply for financial aid at your college's computer lab or any computer/lap top with access to the internet. I also want to point out that many colleges also offers free sessions and or workshops to help students apply and submit an FAFSA application. I hope this information has provided you with the answers you are looking for. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask me.