How do I change my Mailing address on my account?

WuWu
edited December 2018 in My OpenCCC Account
I recently moved and I changed my permanent address but I don't know how to change my Mailing address.

Answers

• edited December 2018
    Hello,

Please see the instructions below for updating your OpenCCC account.  In addition to your OpenCCC account, make sure you update your information with your college as well and you can do that by calling their records/admissions office.

1.) Go to OpenCCC.net and 'Sign In.'
    2.) Once you are signed in select the ‘My Account’ link on the top right hand side. 
    3.) From the 'My Account' page you can update the following:
    • Personal Information (Name, DOB, SSN)
    • Contact Information (Email, Phone, Address)
    • Security and Credentials (Username, Password, PIN, Security Questions)
    4.) To edit Personal or Contact Information select the blue 'Edit' link(s) on the far right hand side of the section.
    5.) To Edit Security and Credentials select the 'Change' link to the right of the section you would like to edit.
    • To Change Security Questions: Need to know PIN
    • To Change Pin: Need to answer 1 Security Question.
    • To Change Password: Need to answer 1 security question.
    6.) Select the blue 'Save' button on the bottom left hand side. 

7.) You will be directed to 'My Account Page,' so you may sign out.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Casey
  • Hi, I too am trying to remove a mailing address from my account.

There is no option to remove the mailing address. The only address that shows in the account is the permanent address. There are no links or options for the mailing address.

I have called Admissions at Santa Anna College, the student help desk and read through the CCC discussion group but there is nothing i can find to help remedy this situation.

In my case, the temporary address was out of state in Colorado where I am staying with family for 3 weeks and i used the address for the mailing address since i did not want to miss any mail regarding my application. What has happened is that I have received a message stating i'm an out of state student applicant.

I am not. I am a California resident, tax payer, US citizen and I have not been able to get any assistance on this matter.

My education (as a younger person) was in Canada and Spain, but Admissions told me that it was my mailing address that has resulted in my receiving an out of state notice.

How do I continue to apply to the college if it thinks I'm out of state when I'm not?

It's so frustrating. I have been about 5 hours trying to remedy this. I should have never put in a different temporary mailing address.

thank you,

Bernadette Daly Swanson, MLIS

• Hi Bernadette,

In you other post, I have already clarify that your OpenCCC account does not ask you for your mailing address so thats why when you log into your account, there is no option to change your mailing address. I pointed out that its your admissions application that asks you for your mailing address and that in order to correctly change your mailing address so that your status is CA resident, you'll need to contact Santa Ana College Admissions & Records Department at (714) 564-6005 or by email at [email protected].