Returning Student trying to register. Help please

I need help registering for a class at LBCC. I attended a class this summer. , so I am an accepted student, and I have a student ID number. How do I actually register for a class this fall?

Answers

• Tee
    Tee
    edited August 2017
    Hi John, 

If you have already completed all your steps to enrollment and are clear to registered for your courses, normally you can register your classes through your student portal account. Now because each college has a different way of registering for classes, I would recommend that you make an appointment with an counselor if you need direct assistance with picking your courses. Also by contacting your colleges Admissions & Records, they would also be able to explain to you how you would be able to registered for your classes. 

Thank you and please let me know if you have any additional questions. 
  • I want to register now.

• Tee
    Tee
    edited November 2017
    Hello Lucille, 

To register now, you must first complete and submit your admissions application to your community college. Once it is submitted, please allow your college to fully process your application and then get back to you with your student ID number (typically in this case can be between 2 to 7 days) as well as information regarding your next step of the enrollment process including both orientation and assessment. Finally after completing all your orientation and assessment, you will then be able to registered for your classes. Below, I have provided you with instructions to begin your application. Thank you and please let me know if you have any other questions. 

1.) Please begin at CCCApply.org 
    2.) From the drop down menu on the right hand side select the college you are applying to and click the green 'Apply' link.
    3.) You will be directed to the college’s Admissions page. 
    4.) Select the online application link(s) from the Admissions page.
    5.) Sign in with your OpenCCC account information, you will then be directed to the 'My Applications' page. 
    6.) Select 'Start a New Application' link to begin application.  
  • Mariah_Olivares
    edited December 2017
    Hello there, I'm trying to register for spring 2018 but I got a hold on my account that says new application needed which I don't understand as I'm trying to come back next semester as a return student I missed 2 semesters last year and this year? For some reasons so what should I do?
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited December 2017
    Hello Mariah, 

You should complete a new application as stated because this will remove and release your hold on your account in order for you to then register for your classes. Now being that you have been absent for 2 or more semesters (1 Year), your college will always likely request that you complete a new application for the term you wish to come back. Perhaps within the 1 year, you may have a change in your major and or personal information such as physical address, phone number, email, etc. By completing a new application, you are basically reporting any new changes/information to your college that they have not been aware of to be documented into their records/system. 

I hope that was helpful and please let me know if you have any other concerns or questions. I am always happy to help. Thank You.