If I already have a college degree (Bachelors), do I still need to take the assessment tests?

I am planning on taking 2 courses at Cosumnes River College this summer as a refresher for skills I need for graduate school, however, I already have a Bachelor's degree. Do I still need to take the assessment tests? Would I also need to send transcripts to CRC to confirm my degree?

Thank you, 

Irma Livadic

Answers

• Paul_Mazzola
    edited April 2017
    I'm in the same boat, I have a Bachelor's degree and going back to school to take prerequisites.  It was recommended to me to take the Eng / Math assessment tests.  About 60mins for each.  It's kinda a pain, but could be worse. Your case may be different so inquire with Admissions.  Not sure on transcripts, but I would assume yes, you need to send to your college so they can review what you have taken.
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited April 2017
    Hi Irma, 

With your bachelors degree, you are exempt and waived from having to take the assessment test at Cosumnes River College. An academic counselor would be able to give you clearance in which you do not need to take the assessment test so please schedule an counseling appointment and bring with you an unofficial copy of your transcripts.

I would recommend that you also send in official transcripts over to the Admissions & Records Office so that they can verify your degree and give you credits for the classes that you have already completed. May you have a wonderful summer semester and please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.