Online classes to finish my associate

Computer science major at msjc. I need English, Math and one more computer related class to finish. Didn't have much luck to finish sooner. I have applied for challenge, but I didn't get an answer from school for this semester if I could be in the class. So I'm thinking of taking everything online for me to finish. How can I do so? And can I get all my required classes online? And if I am able to, then will these credits i took online will be added to the ones I already have? I seriously want to get it done by next semester so please help

Answers

• Tee
    Tee
    edited March 2017
    Hello Victoria,

You may take all your remaining classes (English, Math, and Computer) online through your local community college if they offer them this upcoming semester or through the California Virtual Campus (CVC) Distance Education Catalog. The CVC Distance Educational Website and Catalog allows you to search and find online programs and classes throughout the state of California on both university and community colleges campus.

For instance, in your case wanting to take a English class online, by typing in the search engine "English" along with your zip code, the CVC website will automatically generate a full list of colleges near you that currently offers English classes online. So simply to sum everything up, CVC will help locate you an online class if available to fulfill your degree requirements.

Moving forward to answer your question above, once you have completed these classes online, they will be added and counted towards your degree in computer science. I also highly recommend that you find time to schedule an appointment with an academic counselor to assist you with locating the correct online classes as well as making sure all your required courses are met and fulfilled.

I hope this information has been helpful and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have anymore questions.
  • Victoria_Nyguen
    edited March 2017
    Thank you, Tee, for your answer! It really helped me to understand. I will make an appointment to talk to counselor soon. I have another question. I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa. What happens if I get on online classes? Of course I will try my best to keep my good work. If you know anything, please let me know. Thank you
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited December 2016
    Hi Victoria,

Unfortunately I do not have much information or knowledge regarding specific club/honor society in order to answer your question correctly for you. CCCHelp.Info is able to only assist and answer questions regarding community college enrollment, registration, fees, as well as questions pertaining to student services and or technical issues on the Admissions and or BOG Fee Wavier application.

I would best recommend that you contact your President of Phi Theta Kappa and ask them directly this question to obtain the right answer you are looking for. In addition, it may also worth a shot to ask the academic counselor this question to see if they can point you to the right direction or provide you with an answer.

Best of luck and please let me know if you have any additional questions that I can be of any further assistance.

• Jonathan_Trejo
    edited December 2016

hello I am an undergrad. I had a question about online courses.

does it matter if your transfger credits don't have anything to do with your major, can they be applied towards your associates degree?

• Tee
    Tee
    edited December 2016
    Hi Jonathan,

To answer your question, it does not matter if your transfer credits don't have anything to do with your major. In fact, your transfer credits can be use to applied towards an associate degree if you have completed and pass all the classes. To see if your transfer credits are enough for a associate degree, I suggest that you see an academic counselor at your community college.

Please also feel free to ask me any additional questions that you may have. Thank you.