I accidentally applied to a wrong college. How can I fix this?

Hi, I accidentally applied to a wrong college. How can I fix this to the right college? the college i wanted to apply for was American River College.

Comments

• Tee
    Tee
    edited January 2020
    Hello Ellie,

In order for me to be able to provide you with information on how to fix this issue, first I would need to know which college was it that you have accidentally applied too.
  • Ellie_Rezaei
    edited November 2016
    Cosumnes River College (CRC) was the wrong college that I applied to, but the college I wanted to apply to was American River College (ARC).
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited December 2016
    Hello Ellie,

Since these two colleges are from the same school district, first and foremost you will not be required to submit a new application to American River College.In fact to fix this matter, all you need to do is simply to contact the Admissions & Records Office at ARC and notify them that you have accidentally applied to CRC but actually wanted to attend ARC instead. A staff member will be able to pull up your submitted application from CRC and transfer it over to their records at ARC and also explain to you the steps needed to be completed in order for you to registered at ARC. Their contact information is (916) 484-8261.

Moving forward, please notify me if you have any additional questions or concerns that I can be of any further assistance. Thank You.

• Joseph_Townsend
    edited May 2017
    I accidentally applied to Moreno Valley College. I meant to apply to Riverside City College(RCC) as a Music Performance Major. How do I fix this?
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited May 2017
    Hello Joseph, 

Since these two colleges are from the same school district, first and foremost you will not be required to submit a new application to Riverside City College.In fact to fix this matter, all you need to do is simply to contact the Admissions & Records Office at Riverside and notify them that you have accidentally applied to Moreno but actually wanted to attend their campus instead. A staff member will be able to pull up your submitted application from Moreno and transfer it over to their records at Riverside and also explain to you the steps needed to be completed in order for you to registered at their campus. Their contact information is (951) 222-8600

Moving forward, please notify me if you have any additional questions or concerns that I can be of any further assistance. Thank You. 

• Gerry_Memmo
    edited December 2017
    I meant to apply for West Hills Coalinga, but I applied for West Hills Lemoore. How do I fix it?
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited December 2017
    Hi Gerry, 

To fix this problem, you'll need to call the Admissions Office at West Hills Lemoore (559) 925-3317 and notify a staff member that you submitted an application to the West Hills Coalinga but actually you want to apply and attend West Hills Leemore instead. Being that both colleges are within the same district, Admissions at Leemore will be able to pull up your submitted application to West Hills and transfer it correctly into their system/records. Please contact them at your earliest convenience and go from there. If there is anything else that I can help you with, please also let me know. 
  • Chris_Clemente
    edited April 2018
    I accidentally applied for the California College Promise Grant (BOG Waiver) for the wrong school. I applied for De Anza College when I meant to apply for Orange Coast College. What do I do so I can apply for the California Promise Grant for Orange Coast College instead of De Anza College? 
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited April 2018
    Hi Chris, 

In this case, since there is no way to delete the submitted application or transfer it over to the financial aid office at Orange Coast College, you'll need to submit a new application. Please make sure to double check that it is the actual College Promise Grant for Orange Coast College and not some other college. Thank You and please let me know if you have any additional questions.
  • naja_stroman
    edited January 2020
    I applied to Palomar College and i might be accepted to Lewis- Clark State College how can i get rid off the palomar college For Now
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited January 2020
    Hi Naja,

Unfortunately there is no way to get rid of the application for Palomar College if you have already submitted the application over to the college. Once a application is submitted, it becomes property of the college so there is no way to cancel or delete the application.
  • Joshua_Gelfond
    edited May 2020
    I applied to a ccc and later found out that they do not offer the classes I need for transferable credit. I need to withdraw and apply to another ccc what do I do ?
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited May 2020
    Hi Joshua, 

Since you won't be attending the college that you applied too because they are not offering the classes you need to transfer, all you really need to do is re-submit a new application to your new community college and go from there. 
  • s_scott
    edited July 2020
    How do I submit a new application
  • Tee
    Tee
    edited July 2020
    Hello,

To answer your question for you, can you clarify by what you meant "how do I submit a new application". Are you looking to submit a new application to the same college or to another college. 
  • Alex445
    edited January 4

Hey Tee,

I accidently submitted an application to Norco Community College for Fall 2021. Now I am unable to submit an application to the actual college I wanted to apply to which is Riverside Community College, as it says...

"You may apply to only one college in the RIVERSIDE district for the term you selected. You already submitted an application to another college in this district. Click on My Applications to view your submitted application or select a different term for this application."

Will I have to simply contact Norco Community College admissions and have them transfer it? Thanks.

• Hi Alex445,

You just actually need to contact the admissions & records department at Riverside and let them know that you submitted an application to Norco by accident when it was intended for Riverside. Being that these two colleges are from the same college district sharing the same application, a staff member from Riverside can actually go in and pull up your application in the system to have it transfer over to Riverside.

• Hi Tee,

I accidentally applied to Canada college for Summer 2021, but want to take classes at Skyline College. How can I swap out the application?

Thanks,

Randeep

• dhruvpatel_123
    edited May 6

Hey Tee,

I accidentally submitted an application to Irvine Valley Community College for Summer 2021. Now I am unable to submit an application to the actual college I wanted to apply to which is Saddleback Community College. How can I switch the application?

Thank you so much,

Dhruv

• Hello,

Each college district only allows one application per district. However, you can attend any of the colleges within that district. Please contact the records/admissions office at Saddleback Community College and let them know you applied to IVC but you would like to attend SCC. They will be able to assist you in getting enrolled.

Saddleback College

28000 Marguerite Parkway

Mission Viejo, CA

(949) 582-4555

[email protected]

Thank you,

Casey