I'm applying to Chaffey college and I am unsure of what to select as my intended program of study

I'm applying to Chaffey college and I am unsure of what to select as my intended program of study if i want to later transfer and obtain a Bachelors degree in biology.

Answers

• edited September 2017
    Hello Alex,

When you are planning your area of study and have to select a major, it is best to try and select a choice that will closely resemble the area you wish to study. In this case, if you are planning to go into Biology,  Chaffy does offer this as an option. You may select this major when submitting your application and know that you can always update the major at your college to another major that may be more fitting.

Some Community Colleges now have majors that are specifically intended for transfer they are typically listed as AA-T (Associates of Art - Transfer) or AS-T (Associates of Science - Transfer). To know which major would be the most appropriate for your educational goals, we recommend setting up an appointment with a counselor at Chaffey College to ensure that you have selected a major that best fits your needs.

Hope this clarifies your question,

Angelica
  • edited September 2017
    Hello Amadou, 

To get started with applying to college you will need to use your OpenCCC account. If you already have an OpenCCC account, please follow the instructions below on getting started with your admissions application. If you don't have an account or don't have access please start here.

1.) Please begin at CCCApply.org 
    2.) From the drop down menu on the right hand side select the college you are applying to and click the green 'Apply' link.
    3.) You will be directed to the college’s Admissions page. 
    4.) Select the online application link(s) from the Admissions page.
    5.) Sign in with your OpenCCC account information, you will then be directed to the 'My Applications' page.
    6.) Select 'Start a New Application' link to begin application. 

Once you have submitted an application it can take 1-2 business days for you to receive a student ID and enrollment information from your college.