I am a California resident, what boxes should I mark on the questions for non-residents?

edited February 2017 in Financial Aid
I am trying to apply for the BOG-fee waiver, but I don't know if I should check yes or No for these two questions for non-residents:
Has the Admissions or Registrar's Office determined that you are eligible for a non-resident tuition exemption as an AB 540 student?

Has the Admissions or Registrar's Office determined that you are eligible for a non-resident tuition exemption granted as a result of you residing in the United States with a "T" or "U" visa (immigration status under Section 1101(a)(15)(T)(i) or (ii), or Section 1101 (a)(15)(U)(i) or (ii), of Title 8 of the United States Code)?

Answers

• edited February 2017
    Hello Hannah,
    In regards to your two questions you have posted above, if you are unsure of any of these answers the best thing to do for this scenario is to make an appointment with a financial aid adviser who can determine what your answer will be depending on your resident status. I am unaware of your situation as far as if you a non resident or a resident of California, if you have a visa or what your immigration status is.

A financial aid counselor will be able to identify these questions for you better. Now if you are a resident of California and have been your entire life, you would simply just place "no" for these answers, but again, I do not know your situation. These questions are focused for students who may not be or have not resided in California for a certain amount of time and are considered "non-residents."

I hope this answer helps you. If you have any other questions feel free to ask,
    Monica