Wrong income amount

edited May 2018 in Financial Aid
I put the incorrect amount of income on my BOG waiver form, as I was guessing and putting a random number there as a place holder until my mom found the answer for me to change it to that right amount. It submitted automatically, and now the wrong amount is in there by $7,000. How do I go back and edit when it won't allow me to? This is for the BOG waiver form for Santa Monica City college. Please let me know asap! thank you!

Answers

• TeeTee
    edited March 2017
    Hello Sam,

Unfortunately once your application has been successfully submitted,  there is no available options to go back and make changes to the application. However, in order to edit your application and or simply to report a change, you will need to contact the Financial Aid Office at Santa Monica City College.

Their dedicated staff member will be able to advise you on how to make this change possible and help you to complete the process so that you can be awarded your BOG Fee Waiver. Please feel free to contact them directly at:

Phone: (310) 434-4343
    Email: [email protected]

If you have any additional questions in which you would like further assistance with, please don't hesitate to let me know and I will be more than happy to help you. 

• edited March 2017
    I called my financial aid office today on this same matter and was told it could be done online. I am attending Chabot College. Is there any other option to do this after the application has been denied?
  • TeeTee
    edited December 2016
    Hello Chelsie,

Being that your BOG Fee Waiver Application has already been successfully submitted, unfortunately you won't be able to go back online and make any changes and updates to your application as the financial aid office had inform you to do so.

Usually all updates and changes, requires proof of documentation and can be done manually at the financial aid office. I would recommend that you again contact the Financial Aid Office at Chabot College and clarify this matter with them as well as asking for other options that are available to you.

I hope this answers your questions for you and please let me know if you have any additional questions.