How do I cancel my 2015 Summer Bog Fee Waiver application? I should have entered 2016 not 2015.

I'm planning to attend summer classes for this year but it looked like I entered the wrong year.

Comments

• Angelica
    edited May 2016
    Hello Jasper,

Once an application has been submitted, can not be deleted. However the application you submitted 2015-2016 is still valid for this upcoming Summer term, as is the 2016-2017 BOGFW. Because the academic year is from July 1 to June of the following year, your 2 submitted applications will help to determine your eligibility for the summer term.

Please let me know if you have any more questions,

Angelica
  • thank you alot angelica! Another quick question, what's the difference between the FAFSA and the Bog Fee waiver?
  • Angelica
    edited May 2016
    Hello Jasper,

The main differences between FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and the BOGFW (Board of Governors Fee Waiver) is that FAFSA funding comes from the Federal Government and is available to all Community College, California State University, University of California and Private University college students. In contrast, BOGFW is funded by the State of California and is only available to California Community College students.

Hope this helps clarify your question,

Angelica
  • Great answer Angelica, can I only choose one between the two? Or do I need both? Thank you!
  • Angelica
    edited May 2016
    Hello Jasper,

The FAFSA application can be used to determine your eligibility for the BOGFW, therefore if you submit the FAFSA you do not need to fill out the BOGFW. Students do one or the other depending on their circumstances because they qualify for one because of the criteria for the funding. If you have specific questions about the requirement for each, please contact you college Financial Aid Office who will have more specific information on funding requirements for each application.

Angelica
  • Thank you for the helpful comments. Have a great week!
  • Angelica
    edited May 2016
    Hello Jasper,

I'm glad that the responses were helpful to you. I hope you were able to find the answers you were looking for.

Angelica