not community college

edited March 2017 in Apply To College
I am enrolled at InterCoast College for Nursing. It is not a community college, but is in CALIF. Can I still apply for the BOG waiver?


  • TeeTee
    edited March 2017
    Hello Gina,

    Although you can be eligible for the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOG) as a resident in California, unfortunately I am sad to inform you that the BOG not does cover or provide tuition waivers for private colleges such as InterCoast College.  Since the BOG is a program funded by the State of California through the Governor's office, the BOG can only be available specifically for students at California Community Colleges.

    To qualify for the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver, a student must be enroll and registered with a community college in California. I recommend that for assistance with paying for your classes and tuition at Intercoast College, you take a moment to visit this website ( for types of aids available to you such as scholarships and loans. In addition, I also recommend that you speak with a financial service representative at the colleges Financial Aid office to see what other types of programs or assistance are available to help you pay for your nursing program.

    If you have any additional questions that I can be of any assistance, please feel free let me know.
Sign In or Register to comment.