how much does the bog fee waiver cover?

edited August 2017 in Financial Aid
I was wondering if there is a way to find out how much the bog fee waiver covered when I used it for school last year. I got on to see my bog fee waiver application, but it doesn't say how much i was awarded. 
Tagged:

Answers

• edited August 2017
    Hello Cassie,
    Due to the sensitivity and nature of your question regarding financial assistance, the best option for you is to contact the Financial Aid Office at your college where you took your classes and are interested in knowing the exact amount you were awarded. I will be happy to provide you with basic information regarding the Bog Fee Waiver and how it works, but please keep in mind this is basic information for all to review. If you are interested in reading this information just click on this link.

Contacting the Financial Aid Office is your best option as they have access to your personal records in regards to your Bog Fee Waiver information. I will be happy to provide you with their contact information if you kindly respond to this post with the name of the college you applied to for your Bog Fee Waiver.

I look forward to hearing from you,
    ~Monica
  • edited February 2016
    If i were to contact the financial aid office, they would be able to tell me the amount the bog fee waiver covered? Even if i didnt recieve financial aid, only the bog fee wiaver?

Theres no way of finding out online how much so i can print it out? Can you please tell me how it works and maybe i will better understand it.

Thank you!
    Cassie
  • edited August 2017
    Cassie,
    Yes the Financial Aid Office will be able to assist you with your questions regarding your dismemberment of your Bog Fee Waiver. Financial Aid offices specialize in keeping records of all your financial assistance that the government helps you with. This indeed included the Bog Fee Waiver. That is their role in the College Institutions.
  • timtim
    edited August 2017
    Isn't there a way to request the tax records that were reported for students ? Wouldn't the tax report ( I forget the tax# form) indicate the total amount that was covered by the BOGW?  The tax information should be availabl online for each person in nothing else by the State Franchise / IRS ?  Thought I would add this suggestion  for future references and options.... 
  • edited August 2017
    Hello Tim,

Thank you for that suggestion. There indeed might be a way to find the information that was provided to the Financial Aid office at your college. It would be a question that your Financial Aid office would be able to confirm and they could possibly release the information that was provided. I would recommend reaching out to them to find out if this something they could verify for you.