Change in income. Can BOG fee waiver be appealed?

edited February 2017 in Financial Aid
I have a student who applied for the 2014/2015 BOG Fee waiver. She did not qualify due to her parents 2013 income. Her income status changed in 2015 and she is now an independent, single parent. Is there anyway to change the BOG so that she can receive it for summer 2015?


  • Monica
    edited February 2017
    Hello Dineen,

    There are two options I can suggest for this student. The first option is that the student can submit another BOG Fee Waiver application for the Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 year so she can have her current income on file for her following terms if she plans to attend college for those two semesters (The school year of Fall 2015 to Spring 2016).

    The other option would be to have her contact the community college she is attending classes for this summer to have them update her income on her already submitted BOG Fee Waiver application. Once a Bog Fee Waiver is successfully submitted, the student does not have the ability to delete or modify the application, they have to contact the financial aid department to report the changes.

    I hope this information is useful and helpful! If there are any other questions feel free to ask, I am always happy to help.
Sign In or Register to comment.