If I am not a U.S. Citizen, am I still eligible to apply for Financial Aid?


  • CCC_Help
    edited February 2017
    To be eligible for both federal and state aid, a student must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non citizen. For financial aid purpose, an eligible non citizen is one of the following: a U.S. permanent resident who has an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551) a conditional permanent resident (I-551C); or a non citizen with an Arrival-Departure record (I-94) from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services with one of the following designations—“Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” “Parole,” or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant.” Students who are residing in the United States with an F-1 or F-2 student visa or a G series visa are not eligible for federal or state financial aid.