For College-specific Issues
Please reach out to your college for questions regarding your Student ID, Student Portal login, Financial Aid, Student Email, Transcripts, Course Registration and Counseling Appointments. Click the link to find to your college's Admissions Office Helpdesk.

For Account Recovery & CCCApply Issues
Phone: (877) 247-4836 or Email: [email protected] 
TTY Phone Number (for the Hearing Impaired Only): (877) 836-9332

Where can I sign up for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG fee waiver)?

edited January 2018 in Financial Aid


  • CCC_Help
    edited January 2018
    The California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the Board of Governors Fee Waiver) program is a state financial aid program administered by the Chancellor's Office of the community college system. For eligible California residents, the grant permits enrollment fees to be waived. (Assistance for the purchase of books and supplies must be applied for separately.) Many California Community Colleges offer online application through CCCApply. When you use these online applications, the data you've entered in CCCApply will be transferred automatically, making your application much easier and faster. Click here to apply for your California College Promise Grant. If your selected college has not implemented an online grant form, PDF versions are available here. (Summer term may be at the beginning or the end of the year, depending on the selected college)
  • cynthia_stephens
    edited March 2017
    Please update to Spring 2013 - Fall 2013. Presently I am not able to file this application because of this error found on web page.
  • Roberto
    edited December 2016
    Hello Cynthia, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have updated the PDF link and you will now be directed to the BOG Fee waiver for 2013-2014.
  • Lloyd_Johnson
    edited January 2014
    I'm getting stuck on the income part
  • Roberto
    edited December 2016
    Lloyd: Provided below is the contact information for technical support for the BOG Fee waiver. If you continue to have issues with your BOG Fee waiver I would also reccommend, you get into contact with staff at the finacial aid office at the college you are attending. Some colleges due offer the BOG application in paper format. Phone: 1-800-468-6927 Email: Email Support
  • tc7581_.
    edited January 2015
    The link to the printable copy of the application does not work ?  Do you have a new one? thanks
  • Roberto
    edited December 2016

    Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have updated the link. If you have any further questions we can assist you with please let us know.
  • Gemma_Ramirez
    edited December 2015

    i would like to apply for the BOG fee waiver

  • Tee
    edited December 2016
    Hello Gemma,

    If you are applying to a community college that offers the BOG Fee Waiver online, please follow the steps provided below to submit an application to your colleges Financial Aid office.

    1) Please begin at [ page](

    2) Select the "Apply online for BOG Fee Waiver" link at the bottom center of the page.

    3) On the following page, select the link for the academic year you are applying to.

    4) You will be provided with a current list of California Community Colleges to which you may apply for the online BOG Fee Waiver, please select your college from the list (**NOTE**: If the college you would like to submit a BOG Fee Waiver application to is not listed, select this link to [download the paper application](

    5) You will be directed to the OpenCCC sign-in page for the online BOG Fee Waiver application.
    6) If you have not created a OpenCCC account, please select "Create an Account

    7) Please sign-in with your OpenCCC account Username/Password, you will then be directed to the "My BOG Fee Waiver Application" page.

    8) Select the "Start a New BOG Fee Waiver Application" link to begin application.

    On the other hand, if your community college currently does not offer the application online, please follow the steps below to submit a paper application.

    1) Please begin at [](
    2) Select the term application for which you would like to submit your BOGFW.
    3) You will then submit your application to the financial aid office of the college you will be attending.
    4) If you have any further questions regarding your financial aid status or eligibility please contact your college’s Financial Aid office.

    If you have any additional questions that I can help you with, please don't hesitate to let me know.