I've never been to college before. What kind of help can I expect to find?


  • CCC_Help
    edited October 2019

    California community colleges offer a full complement of support services for students. Contact your college to find out what services are available to you, or visit their website and search for Student Services.

    At the system level, the student services program has as its chief function the facilitation of the education, growth, and development of students. More information can be found on the Chancellor's Office website. Following is a list of services that many colleges provide to help you successfully complete your educational goal. Search for these services on your local college website:

        Counseling and advising
        Career center and job placement services
        Child care
        Services for students with disabilities
        Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS)
        Financial aid
        Health services
        Services for re-entry students
        Testing services
        Transfer center
        Math assistance
        Writing assistance
        Veterans services
        Services for students coming off welfare

  • Olivia_Sevilla
    edited December 2012
    Im 56 years old, is it shameful to study. I am right side paraplegic due to an attack last november. How can i study? I want to study at home, can i do it. I just want to study and complete if possible, can i do it. Thank you very much.
  • Olivia_Sevilla
    edited December 2012
    I am trying to practice here at home. And yesterday I went to lacc and i went home sweating and my legs were hurting and my right arm too since my fingers are affected. What i do is use my left hand though i'm a right hand. Please help me.
  • Roberto
    edited February 2017
    Hi Olivia, California Community Colleges offer a variety of services for students with special needs. If you have a disability, assistance may be available for you. Please contact the Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) office at your local college where you can receive services and arrange for accommodations. They will be able to provide you with a list of resources and assistance that you may qualify for. If you have any further questions please let us know.
  • Olivia_Sevilla
    edited December 2012
    With strong determination i know i could do it. I just let my daughters finish their degree and they're alright except my son now who is in 2nd year college. So we'll see.