How do I find out about transfer requirements for a particular university?


  • CCC_Help
    edited February 2017

    As soon as you are admitted to the community college of your choice, make an appointment with a counselor or transfer adviser to develop an educational plan and find out about transfer requirements. Ask the counselor/adviser if an articulation agreement exists at your intended transfer university in your declared major. Ask if there is a guaranteed transfer agreement.

    Articulation agreements are formal agreements between two campuses. They define how courses taken at one college or university campus that can be used to satisfy a subject matter requirement at another college or university campus. To see articulation agreements, start by choosing a college or university. Click here to learn how to find an articulation agreement.

    For more information on articulation between one college and another, visit the ASSIST website.  

    Most articulation in ASSIST identifies community college courses that can be used in lieu of a university course to satisfy a specific lower-division requirement at the university campus. University-to-university articulation is not a priority in ASSIST, but there is a small amount in the database. For information about transferring to campuses or programs that are not listed in ASSIST, contact an admissions or departmental advisor at the university campus you plan to attend.