I am a disabled student. Are there any services that might help me?


  • CCC_Help
    edited February 2017

    Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) provides support services, specialized instruction, and educational accommodations to students with disabilities so that they can participate as fully and benefit as equitably from the college experience as their non-disabled peers. Please contact your college's DSPS office for more information.  Click here to find your college website.

    Examples of services available through DSPS that are over and above those regularly offered by the college would be test-taking facilitation, assessment for learning disabilities, specialized counseling, interpreter services, reader services, speech services, transcription services, transportation, specialized tutoring, access to adaptive equipment, job development/placement, registration assistance, and specialized instruction.

  • I am a current student at Sierra College and receive DSPS. I am considering taking a couple classes at American River. How do I go about receiving special services that I get currently?

  • Hello @Krussell10

    We recommend doing a search on your College website for the DSPS office at your college to find out what services they offer and then contact them for more information on how you can receive those services you could benefit from.