Out of state

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
I lived in CA for 3 years but i spent half of the first 2 years out of country , and now by the start of the spring class i would be continously in state for 10 months but i have never went to live in any other state since i came to usa for 3 years . Do i still considered as out of state student ? And what should i do to chamge this in my application?
Photo of Natalie Selim

Natalie Selim

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Tee

Tee, Official Rep

  • 906 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Natalie,

You'll need to run this thru with your colleges admissions and records office to see if you are actually considered out of state resident or not. Technically speaking, since you were gone for two years out of the country, that means you did not lived in California. Establishing residency in California means that you have continuous lived for one year and one day but in your case so far just 10 months. Please contact the Admissions Office for your college so that they can correctly let you know if you will be out of state resident or not.